Best of Nature Collection
Nature can be generous in unexpected ways...
Misti Alpaca’s new Best of Nature yarn collection is one of these ways.
Using only natural dyes extracted from vegetable and mineral sources the Best
of Nature yarns provides the exquisite colors that nature gives us day after day.
It is important to know that the color shades will vary from lot to lot. We get what Nature
gives us, thus the shades will vary from season to season. For example the blue corn
harvested in September will produce a slightly different shade than the blue corn harvested in
October. However, the shade family will be the same.
Misti’s Peruvian partner Calicampo is a dye studio that extracts the natural dyes and
immediately hand paints our wonderful Alpaca yarns. The end result is one of the most
organic and environmentally responsible yarns available in the market. We have
developed proprietary techniques of extracting the dyes and hand painting our yarns
that results in a wonderful color palette and a hand paint effect that is truly unique.
Some of the most exciting features of Misti’s Best of Nature Chunky Alpaca collection are:
● All dyes are extracted from vegetable and natural sources
● Mordants used are also from natural sources and/or used in the lowest
concentration possible well in accordance with International Organic standards
● The 100% Baby Alpaca yarn is the most organically produced natural fiber in the
● All colors developed have passed color lightness tests conducted by independent
● The yarns are also hand painted in our partner dye studio, giving them the unique
hand paint appearance